Richard Medical Academy encourages all qualified students to apply for admission. The qualified staff and faculty of RMA will do our best to ensure that all students are successful.
Step 1. Fill out an Application
Complete the application form and return it to the Admission Office. Applying early is to the student’s advantage in setting up interest free payment plans for those who cannot pay in full before the beginning of every quarter.
Alternatively, apply online by filling out the registration form here. Please e-mail the completed forms to Admission office @ Liaison@richardhealthsystems.com and call (419) 534-2371 to apply for entrance exam.
Step 2. Application Review
Your application will be reviewed promptly and a determination will be made as soon as possible. Please, contact RMA at (419) 534-2371 if you have not received a response from Admission Office within three (3) business days.
RMA admits students of any race, color, sex, and national or ethnic origin.
Admission Requirements for LPN Program
- G.E.D Transcript or High School Transcript or Diploma
- STNA Training
- Pass Background check (BCI & FBI)
- Current Immunization Record and Titers: TB Mantoux 2x; MMR 2x; Tetanus; Hep BV 3x; Rubella and Varicella Titers.
- Current Physical Examination
- Active CPR and First Aid (must include: adult, child, and infant AED)
- Successful completion of the HESI Entrance Exam.
Admission Requirements for LPN-to-RN Program
- Proof of licensure as a LPN.
- Transcripts for per-requisites courses that include; College Maths, English, Psychology, Sociology, and Microbiology or proof of current enrollment in these courses prior to start of class.
- Complete all prerequisites with a cumulative GPA of not less than 2.0
- Attend a Nursing Information Session, obtain a Nursing Admission Application, and go over Nursing Program requirements. Clinical sessions vary from 6 – 12 hours and may be scheduled at any time.
- Submit a completely Nursing Admission Application, including 3 reference forms. References must be able to speak to academic ability and/or work ethic.
- Complete School Entrance Exam.
- A negative criminal background check. Student should be aware that:
- – A felony conviction may affect ability to attain Licensure.
– Criminal background checks, including fingerprints, are required for licensure and are required by many clinical sites providing clinical experiences. If any clinical site refuses to allow a student to do a clinical due to a criminal background check, the student will receive a “U” in Clinical and be unable to complete the nursing program.
- Mandatory Computer requirements:
– It is mandatory that all nursing students have daily access to a laptop computer with wireless access to be used daily in the classroom. The minimum requirements are Windows XP and Higher.
– Students are required to purchase and maintain a subscription to www.UWorld.com and www.yourbestgrade.com throughout the length of the program.These will be utilized in the classroom and for homework assignments.
- Current CPR & First Aide Certification (Must cover Adult, Infant and Child.) prior to starting the clinical portion of the Registered Nursing Program.
- Health physical form verifying that the student is in good physical and mental health, including drug screen. (If drug screen if possible, this will disqualify student for Admission.)
- Immunization record:-Current MMR-TETANUS-HEP B Series-TB Shots-Varicella and Rubella Titers
- A proof of General drug testing
- Proof of Identification of the following:- Social security Card- Driver’s License or Government Issued ID